Everyday living

Everyday living

Sunday, March 6, 2011

of local content. . .

So I was a bit bored and decided why not find solace in some TV. After several minutes of sifting through the mexican jibberish that all channels seem to have picked up nowadays, as if that is not enough, there is even stuff ya bollywood . . .what the hell?!

During the day, you would be forgiven to think you have tele ported to Nigeria!! I mean it's great that Nigeria is doing this well but What the fish happened to having our own local content??

So decided to analyse a few of the 'local' content . .  the one that seems to spring to mind a lot . .(and for the wrong reasons) Changing times WTF!

Firstly the airbrushing or whatever it is, is over the top, who looks like that? I mean it looses the taste of reality and as such I find, as the audience am lost or end up not following the story but watching  it for ridicule. The other day I was in a mat, so I saw this chic that I thought I knew,  so there I was waving away, I got a nice blank stare look then that click thingy(NKT- I swear could hear it through the glass) followed by the eyes rolling! It later dawned on me, it was one of the cast of CHANGING TIMES, now if they hadn't overdone the airbrushing they would have saved me the embarrassment!!

Secondly, the dialogues!! who talks like that, I have beef when people go all twenging and they are not pulling it right.  . .  plus the dialogues lack that reality, in any movie its more realistic when the dialogues feel real, (don't make it obvious its a script) these ones really don't, particularly that long fella, am sure he doesn't talk like that in real life! (there is toooooooo much emphasis in his words that the meaning is lost)


In its favour, the lighting is well done, for majority of the scenes and the use of shallow depth of field, gives for an interesting look.

Conclusion, This series is too much babyness (unrealistic upper class representation), could do with more realistic acting(and not over acting) . .. finally I feel it lacks the representation of the everyday people.

No comments: