Everyday living

Everyday living

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

my specs and I. . .

WARNING: This is a daft one :-)

. . . you know how sometimes, u've misplaced something at the moment you need it the most and u can't seem to find it. so thats me and my specs every morning..(they should make ones which u can call or something)
So it got me thinking about the adventures I have had with my pair of spectacles. . . So here are the adventures of my specs and I . .

It was a breezy evening, I was feeling over zealous about taking the city life, especially in the evening. So I called up a friend so I had someone to chat with while I do this, went over to Basiliica and positioned myself to take pix of ummm the Nairobi financially procured female companion, well here is the image of what I got

Then all hell broke loose, she found out I was photographing her, I got pinned to the wall by her and her colleagues. One of them took my specs and put it in her handbag, I thought I won't see them again. After being rescued by the flying squad I finally got them back, they said they would use them as exhibit when they are booking me in in the cell.

On a separate day, was on my way home, I was busy texting, took a shortcut through an alley. Had noticed a group of young men who had used the same route as well, I had done only ten steps inside and snap. .  . they pounced on me, trying to mug me. Well thats how I lost my phone Cindy :(, we had great times sob sob. .
So after the scuffle running off screaming like a gal. .  .
I realised things were looking a bit hazy and realised had lost my spectacles, so went back to the alley, and I found them on the ground, as if I had just put them down there. . .

Another time I was on some river on aka boat, then decided to feed some ducks that were swimming by. As I leant forward the specs fell into the water. I let out a shriek!, I was sure now they were gone, some fisherman gave me his net, for me to try and fish them out. I did that like for a while, and just when I was giving up, I saw them hanging on the side of the net . . . I might have shed a tear at the reunion.

 .. . and the adventures continue



So its my specs and I, till eyes do us part :-)

No comments: